In the coming months we’ll be launching new APIs and features for Android wearables to create even more unique experiences for the wrist:
- Build Custom UI
- Create custom card layouts and run activities directly on wearables.
- Send Data
- Send data and actions between a phone and a wearable with a data replication APIs and RPCs.
- Control Sensors
- Gather sensor data and display it in real-time on Android wearables.
- Voice Actions
- Register your app to handle voice actions, like "Ok Google, take a note."
Get Started with the New Android Wear Developer Preview NOW.
The Android Wear Developer Preview provides tools and APIs that allow you to enhance your app notifications to provide an optimized user experience on Android Wear.
With the Android Wear Developer Preview, you can:
- Run the Android Wear platform in the Android emulator.
- Connect your Android device to the emulator and view notifications from the device as cards on Android Wear.
- Try new APIs in the preview support library that enhance your app's notifications with features such as voice replies and notification pages.
Caution: The current Android Wear Developer Preview is intended for development and testing purposes only, not for production apps. Google may change this Developer Preview significantly prior to the official release of the Android Wear SDK. You may not publicly distribute or ship any application using this Developer Preview, as this Developer Preview will no longer be supported after the official SDK is released (which will cause applications based only on the Developer Preview to break).